Water travels through 5 stages of filtration:
• In stage 1, water flows through one-micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cysts (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
• In stage 2, water passes through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water, bad taste, and odors from your drinking
To read about how GAC's work, click here.
• In stages 3 and 4, water flows through 2 beds of Redox (Oxidation/reduction process) media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc. Representing a new and unique way of water processing medium which by its natural process of electrochemical oxidation/reduction and adsorption action reduces and/or removes many unwanted contaminants from water. It is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy®) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized.
Iron and hydrogen sulfide are oxidized into insoluble matter and attach to the surface of the media. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the natural process of electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet. The media inhibits bacterial growth throughout the entire unit.
To read about our ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here.
• In stage 5, water flows through another one-micron filtration pad for further reduction of undesirable particles. The end result is a great reduction or the total elimination of a wide variety of contaminants.
• Built-in filtration system
• Separate hot/cold power switch
• Automatic heating shut-off when hot temperature is reached
• Automatic float valve
• High efficiency sealed compressor cooling system
• Type 304 stainless steel hot and cold water tanks
• Easy to use and clean
• Weight: 37 lbs.
• Dimensions: (D) 13” x (W) 13” x (H) 18.5”
• Heating power: 500W 6.2 Amps
• Cooling power: 112W 2.4 Amps
TOTAL NEEDED 612W 8.6 Amps
• Hot water tank volume: 0.5 gal/heating
• Cold water tank volume: 1 gal
• Cooling capacity: 1.95 gal per hour 35-50°F
• Heating capacity: 1.5 gal per hour 185°F
• Voltage: 110V-120V 50/60Hz
• Pressure range: 30-60 psi (2.1-4.1bar)
• Optimum service flow: 0.50 GPM at 60 psi (1.1lpm at 4.1 bar)