Thunder Reverse Osmosis®/Ultrafiltration System 4000C
- 50 Gallons Per Day
- Granulated Activated Coconut Shell Carbon (GAC) Filter Cartridge, post membrane cartridge, to remove volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC’s), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents.
Dimensions: 16"L x 8"W x 21"H + 4" to change cartridge; Holding Tank 15"H + 3" (UF Membrane/stage 14) x 11"D
Water travels through 14 stages of filtration:
• In stage 1, Water travels through a 5 micron solid carbon cartridge for removing volatile organic carbon compounds (VOC's), insecticides, pesticides and industrial solvents and traps particles larger than 5 micron including sediment, silt, sand and dirt. It also helps to extend the life of the system.
• In stage 2, water passes through a 0.2 micron Ultrafiltration (UF) membrane. Ultrafiltration (UF) is an important purification technology used for the production of high-purity water. UF is effective for the removal of colloids, proteins, bacteria, viruses, parasites, protozoa and pyrogens (e.g., gram-negative bacterial endotoxins), other organic molecules larger than 0.2 micron, and most other water contaminants known today.
What is Ultrafiltration (UF)?
• In stage 3, Water flows through pre one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
• In stage 4, water passes through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water, bad taste, and odors from your drinking
To read about how GAC's work, click here.
• In stage 5, Water flows through the ion exchange resin, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness.
• In stages 6 and 7, water flows through 2 beds of Redox (Oxidation/reduction process) media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc. Representing a new and unique way of water processing medium which by its natural process of electrochemical oxidation/reduction and adsorption action reduces and/or removes many unwanted contaminants from water. It is a major advancement in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy®) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized.
Iron and hydrogen sulfide are oxidized into insoluble matter and attach to the surface of the media. Heavy metals such as lead, mercury, copper, nickel, chromium, cadmium, aluminum, and other dissolved metals are removed from the water by the natural process of electrochemical process. They are attracted to the surface of the media, much like a magnet. The media inhibits bacterial growth throughout the entire unit.
To read about our ERA® Oxidation/Reduction Process, click here.
• In stage 8, Water flows through another one-micron filtration pad for further reduction of undesirable particles. The end result is a great reduction or elimination of a wide variety of contaminants.
• In stage 9, Water passes through a CRYSTAL QUEST® reverse osmosis membrane, which removes and filters particles as small as 1/10,000 of a micron as most inorganic chemicals (such as salts, metals, minerals) most microorganisms including cryptosporidium and giardia, and most inorganic contaminants.
Learn more about our Reverse Osmosis Membrane.
• In stage 10 and 12, Water flows through another one - micron filter pads (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which remove suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other undissolved matter.
• In stage 11, water passes through granulated activated carbon (GAC).
• In stage 13, water passes through an Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer System manufactured with axial flow reactors in 304 stainless steel. The hard glass germicidal lamps provide an economical way of treating water requiring a 99.99% reduction of bacteria and virus and protozoa. This process is accomplished without adding any harmful chemicals to your drinking water. CRYSTAL QUEST® Ultraviolet Water Sterilizer System is the most ecological way of treating your water.
• In stage 14, water travels through a 0.2 micron Ultrafiltration (UF) membrane. Ultrafiltration. UF is effective for the removal of colloids, proteins, bacteria, viruses, parasites, protozoa and pyrogens (e.g., gram-negative bacterial endotoxins), other organic molecules larger than .01 micron, and most other water contaminants known today.